2010年5月23日 星期日

Journal 9

This week I gave a speech in the English listening and speaking class. I put more efforts than before. Because I know I am not good at giving a speech so I prepared it long before. However, nervousness still got in my way and I performed badly. But I still want to share what I said in my speech.

Below is the edited version of my speech script:

Martin Luther King has his dream, and I have mine. I believe that everyone has a dream or had a dream. When you are a child, you may dream of being a teacher, a bus driver or a president. Or you may even dream of being a superman or marrying a hot prince or princess. But do you have a dream now? Or you just want to idle your life away. When we are children, we used to dream our dream big. However, as we grow older, we tend to leave our dream behind. We don’t have the courage to dream a big dream now. We are all limited by the reality. It’s like the reality have eaten our dream. But it shouldn’t be like this. As we grow older, we should get more courage to conquer the difficulties which is blocking us from reaching our dream. I think everyone should have a dream. A dream can be the motive for you to move on. It is a target for you to fulfill. Maybe at last, you fail to reach the goal. You will definitely gain something from the process. You will definitely climb to a height that you won’t reach it if you didn’t dream of something higher than that. For example, if you always got 50 on your test, and you don’t want to change it, and you don’t think you can improve; then, you will always be like that or lower than that. But if you are willing to dream, and try to get your dream done, you may not have reached it, but you may definitely get close to it. This means, you may not get 100 but you can get 98 or 99.

So, why not dreaming? This is the chance to shine.

I, myself, have a dream. I used to dream of being a teacher, a millionaire or even a “queen.” My dreams are always changing, but there is a dream that I am always dreaming of. I always dream of traveling around the world. And I am still working on it. To fulfill this dream, there must be a lot of difficulties. But I believe there must be a way out. Maybe I can be a millionaire, and then I have money to travel around the world. Since this method is kind of difficult, I come up with another idea. Perhaps I can be an ambassador, and then I can travel around the world while I am working. No matter in what ways. I will make my dream come true. Maybe it will take a lot of time to make my dream com true, I will still try and I will still dream. Now, I am in the department of foreign languages and literatures. I am preparing my language equipment for my trip. I am dreaming my dream, what about you?

沒有留言:

張貼留言