2010年5月30日 星期日

Journal 10

Two weeks courses of dancing with Cloud Gate 2 really give me a lot of thoughts and many precious memories. The teachers are all professional dancers who can teach me something I have never tried before. Before participating in this course, I never thought that modern dance can be understood that easily. After two weeks of training, I learned what modern dance is, and how beautiful it could be. I can not imagine the most is that I can also move others in this way.

There were some things that I could not forget the most. The first class, the teachers asked us to use our feet to touch our face. This really surprised me, but it was really interesting. I found out that I never cared for this part of my body before. The teachers also wanted us to communicate others by our bodies, especially strangers. I realized that I could do such things without any embarrassment. Although during the courses I also encountered some setbacks. Like, we have some conflicts between the members; luckily, we could all solve it at last. From these classes I learned more about myself. I also felt that these classes expanded the limit I gave myself.

The last day of the classes, every group had to perform a dance which we composed by ourselves. On that day everyone used their won way to express their selves. Everyone was so concentrated on their movements. Without any languages, we moved the audience by our dance. At that moment, I found out modern dance is to share the emotions and feelings with the audience, whether the audience really understand the story we are telling might not be that important anymore.

沒有留言:

張貼留言