2009年12月11日 星期五

Week Eleven

Very often I find myself get really excited and motivated when we are doing discussion. On the contrary, I do not really like the writing part. I really like the discussion part is because I like to share my opinions with others and get their reflection right away. I can not only express my thoughts but also have a chance to think from different angles. I think to have discussions can also inspire us to think, and to respect different point of views. However, when it comes to writing, I feel like my thoughts are being limited. Since my grammar is not good enough, I can not fully express myself by writing.

I like the psychological test, revising “a touching moment” together in the class. About the psychological test, the teacher let us to write down a paragraph from the power point, and analyzed our characteristics by our handwriting. I think it was really interesting, we were all talking about whether our characteristics are like what the psychological test tell us. And about the revising of the paragraph, a touching moment, I like the feeling of team work. Everyone discussed how to let the paragraph better is really interesting, and we can find out what we missed but other noticed.

When I encounter some difficult knowledge, I often turn to others for help. When there is something I could not figure out, I will ask someone who understand it and is willing to teach me. Or I will gather some friends and to discuss the difficult knowledge with them. I believe that to discuss with others is more easy to find out the solution than thinking alone.

3 則留言:

  1. Your grammar is good enough. Everyone makes mistakes. I often make mistakes and try to repair them. We can learn from them and from each other. I found that non-native speakers's grammar is better in writing than in speaking.

    Wow, I like psychological tests, too. But I think we cannot take them too seriously. They are good topics for discussion though.

    回覆刪除
  2. [Comments from My Blog]

    1.
    I may like the reading activity the least.
    If a hands-on activity includes games and role plays, I may like it most. I also like listening and watching for sure. As for discussion and reflection, whether I like them depends on circumstances.

    2.
    The games of Total Physical Response (TPR) in the TESL Methodology class were fun, but they were for children. For adults, I think the role play activities in TESL and Conversation (English Composition and Conversation III) were also very fun. We were given some situations, which turned out to be hilarious.

    3.
    Knowledge is learned in writing form or hands-on form (skills or abilities). The strategies of the former are to make use of academic resources and to follow efficient steps of learning. The strategies of the latter may involve much practice and concentration.

    4.
    Perhaps I am the type of learner who is more interested in my own or others’ experience.

    回覆刪除
  3. Thank you for the compliment. It would be good to learn from each other.

    回覆刪除