2010年1月2日 星期六

Week Thirteen

Q1: Please offer your suggestions as how we can grade your performance better?
First, I think the content is the most important part to grade our performance. The reason why I think that the content is the most important is that to write blogs is to show our opinions of the topic and to share our thoughts about the issues.

Second, the grammar and the writing skills are also important. This class is about writing, so the way we present our ideas also matters. The ability of writing will affect the readers’ understanding about our thoughts. That is why grammar and some other writing skills should also be valued.

Third, the last but not least, I think how much efforts we make in writing the blog is also very important. For myself, maybe I am not doing very well every time, but at least I try hard and I take those tasks seriously every time.


Q2: Based on the criteria you suggested in Q1, please give a score to yourself and explain how you’ve earned it.

I think I would give myself 7, since I try my best to fully express my opinions of those topics, and I do think a lot before I write the blogs. However, there must be some other improvements I can make. For example, I saw other’s blog and the ways they presented their thoughts are clearer than mine. Also, I found myself bad at grammar, though I tried to pay a lot of attention to it; there must be some mistakes that I didn’t notice. But I think I make a lot of effort to write those blogs. I also think that I learned a lot from writing these blogs.

Q3: Based on the criteria you suggested in Q1, please give a score to your partner and explain how s/he has earned it.

I would give my partner 6. First of all, I believe that she might be very busy so that she can not do the tasks on time. However, it is a little unprofessional to catch up the progress at one time. It also makes me hard to do some tasks too. Nevertheless, I think that she presented her ideas and thoughts briefly but clearly which I should learn from her.

2 則留言:

  1. I didn't read your article before I was writing my opinions about the criteria. It's surprising that we have such similar ideas, ha. You listed content, grammar, and effort, which were also my concerns, only that I added more items under them and I revised the grammar part.

    According to your criteria, I'll give you more than 7. You deserve 8 or 9, and your grammar is actually good enough.

    Yeah, I'll give myself 6, too, for most of my posts were very late.

    回覆刪除
  2. [Comments from My Blog]

    1.
    I propose the following criteria for each task, including the responses to the keypals’ articles:

    Content:
    word count (How many words in the article?);
    relevant to the topic or off topic (Are the questions in the task directly answered?);
    originality (creativeness)

    Structure:
    coherence (Are the ideas logical?);
    organization of paragraphs (Are the ideas well-organized?);

    Spellings:
    If the article is proofread, there will be fewer errors in it.

    Punctuality:
    Were the articles posted on time?

    Bonus point:
    Let teachers and teaching assistants choose two best articles (not the best blogs), one for FJU, the other for CCU. The authors will have bonus points, and there will be an announcement on the project website.

    2.
    I give myself only a passing grade, approximately C, for each of my post wasn’t punctually posted. All I want is to pass the requirements. My remedy for lateness is to enhance the articles with sufficient content, such as the task questions, embedded videos, ordered format, to help readers read them more easily. I hope my remedial effort will be taken into consideration of my score. Thank you!

    3.
    My partner has been diligent and punctual in the project. Overall, she deserves A or even higher because of this merit. I especially appreciate that she has directly and plainly answered the questions of the tasks. Compared to her posts, mine are a little too long. I also learn some good word choices and expressions from her. Mine are a little too simple (poor vocabulary).

    P.S. At first, I put grammar into the criteria because I thought we should improve our writing skills. However, after a second thought, I think I was a little mean. After all, this project is aimed more at reflections than at skills. I keep spellings as a criterion though. It can check how careful the author is. A responsible author will proofread what he or she has written. Fewer wrong spellings deserve higher scores.

    回覆刪除