2009年11月28日 星期六

Week Nine

Young people who are considered “e-generation” are also mocked as “the strawberry generation.” Born after 1981, I am also one of the so-called strawberry generation. Though I can not deny that I matched to some of the description about the strawberry generation, I try to make some changes and make myself stronger and better. For example, people say that we are bad at bearing pressure; I admit that I was the kind of person who run away or give up easily when encounter difficulties or setback. Sometimes, I really hated my weakness and I was really upset about my coward behavior. But I try to convince myself that instead of running away without making any efforts, I will make improvement by practicing more or try harder. Second, one of the description about the strawberry generation is we care too much about our outfit and material comforts. I can not deny that I care about my outfit and material comforts but I don not think that I over care about this. I think that it is important to look good anytime because it is also a manner to let people think you are a clean and a well-organized person. Though I am in the strawberry generation, I believe that one day I will be a person who is good from inside to outside.

3 則留言:

  1. I appreciate your honesty and confidence. Yeah, no matter how other generations consider us, the strawberry generation, the point is we should improve ourselves. In addition to being good from inside to outside, I think being a person who is good from upside to downside is also necessary. Ha, I'm joking.

    回覆刪除
  2. [Comments from My Blog]
    1. What do you think about this stigma?
    Hmm, it has become the original sin of our generation, isn't it?
    The generation born from1981 to 1990 (from year 70 to 79 in R.O.C.) is called “七年級” in Taiwan, also known as “草莓族”; similarly, the generation born from 1980 to 1989 is called “80後” in Mainland China. Both of the names are not totally true. Young people do have different values and virtues. Some are good; some are bad, just like other generations.

    If we don’t want to be stigmatized or thought to be spoilt, we should just prove it to the older generations.

    For example, I like the creative ideas of a graduation exhibition in 2005, which was entitled StrongBerry (我不爛,我是硬草莓). Yes, I want to be a delicious StrongBerry, not a mediocre strawberry!
    (Read the news at http://140.136.114.206/blog2/archives/000024.html)

    2. Does the description match your self-identity or -realization? If not, offer a counter claim.
    Some matches; some don’t. Our generation have particular weaknesses that are not found in older generations. One obvious characteristic is that we never experience wars or the post-war period. We’ve been long living in peace without any counter situations, so we cannot feel the value of peace and do not treasure what we possess. Moreover, we’re confused with our self-identity, especially under Chinese culture. We’re lost both in individualism and traditional group interests. However, we have our strengths. We are free and can learn new things freely. If we need to improve, then just feel free to learn what we should. Nothing is impossible. We’re blessed that we didn’t suffer wars in our childhood. Anyway, every generation have their problems. Our generation can exceed expectations and do more in spite of the stigma.

    回覆刪除
  3. Yeah, it's all about making canges. If we want other to think of us differently, we should make chages first. We should learn more and we should prove ourselves. Once we make ourselves better individuals, people will call us another way.

    回覆刪除