2009年10月19日 星期一

Week Three

I think Britney’s behavior was affected by the sorrow caused by her divorce. The tremendous change from a sweet girl, a shining star to a controversial person, was due to the pain she felt about her divorce. Though the divorce might shock her or confuse her, I don’t think that that was a good excuse for her odd behavior. I think Britney, as a celebrity, should equip the ability for knowing what to do and what shouldn’t. She also has to equip herself with the courage and the endurance to face the difficulties and the ability to stay away form temptations. She could find some other ways to relieve the pain she felt. She could do some exercise or go to some clubs or even transform the pain into songs instead of doing some wired things. She could take the failure in marriage as a lesson and make her life more colorful by singing more beautiful songs. If I were Britney’s friend or family, I would have persuaded her to try to overcome the pain, to stand up for her own future. I would ask her to forget about the pain and face her new life; she couldn’t sink in the sea of sorrow for her entire life. She should use her talent and save more people from the circumstances she had encountered.

4 則留言:

  1. This is FJU trial. I am trying to see if we can key in from here. Thanks.

    FJU

    回覆刪除
  2. Yeah, as the saying goes, "God helps those who help themselves." She could have helped herself earlier. I'm glad that now she has changed.

    Here comes a doubt. If we were her family or friends, can we really help her and know how to help her?
    As a senior postponing graduation for the second year, I can't stay happy all the time. I feel that I particularly need friends' support. I need someone to talk to or to hang out, and then I can restore my energy to face my life. As another saying goes, "A friend in need is a friend indeed." I thought my friends would listen to me and accompany me to encourage me. However, when I needed them, they were either willing to help but too busy to do so or unwilling to help because they were annoyed. Of course I could understand that they were busy if they remained friendly and told me the reason. There was a friend of mine, who didn't tell me any reason or say anything comforting. Instead, the friend kept ignoring my call for help and talking about me behind my back. I guess I've annoyed the friend and those who believed the friend's overstatements. I didn't mean to annoy the friend. I simply thought friends could support each other and let the negative thoughts flow away. After that, I might have become positive again. Now I don't know whether the friend still regards me as a friend. Maybe the friend and "the gossip followers" thought I'm an annoying girl.

    What I mean above is that people tend to avoid depressed people, for depressed people may also depress them. If a depressed person needs help and speaks out, can we sincerely help him or her? If the depressed person is always refused, he or she may become more desperate, doing peculiar things, or he or she may give up asking for help and close his or her heart. I'm still depressed, but I decided not to bother those friends any more. I guess I've upset them and lost them, so they would never help me. All I can do is doing my own schoolwork in spite of my daily sad tears. I'm glad that Britney can overcome her problems. I hope I can, too.

    回覆刪除
  3. [Comments from My Blog]
    1. What do you think of her change?
    I'm not so familiar with Britney Spears and her performances except a few famous songs. She has been controversial, but as long as her change is positive, I approve of it.

    2. What do you believe or not believe?
    As for her past, including the notorious records and the reasons that she has claimed, I'm not quite sure whether I should believe them or not. There are too many lies in the show business, but they are primarily none of my business unless they have negative influences on the society. Maybe we should focus on the bright side of her change and ignore what to believe. As a celebrity, she does have the responsibility for her image in the society. Since she has now reformed, the public may give her a chance. We know that she was too young and lost in fame when she hadn't known how to live her own life. We don't expect that she would set good examples but at least no bad examples. As audiences, we just want to see that she's doing her jobs, performing great shows, and control herself.

    3. What is your judgment based on?
    My judgment is probably based on behaviorism. We can hardly know the complication and sources of her former impropriety. Just stop gossiping and don't bother about that matter. We should encourage any positive changes.

    4. Would you change your view if she was your best friend or family?
    If she was my best friend or family, my view would remain similar, for the matter is not in what to believe but in how to help her. As friends or family, we should help her deal with her problems and give her emotional support. Furthermore, we should give her sincere advice if she's doing wrong. I think a true and helpful friend would not only spend time hanging out with friends but also being thoughtful of friends' welfare even though some words seem unwelcome.

    回覆刪除
  4. Actually, I don't fully agree with your opinion. I think that friends supposed to be there for you when you are sad or when you are despair. As for me, I try to be my friends company whenever they need me. If I am too busy to stay with them, I would at least tell them that I will always support them. I believe that we truly care for each others. I do this for them, and when I am in need, they will do that for me without asking. I remember someone say that when you share your happiness with other, you will feel two times happier. On the other hand, if your share your sadness, you would only feel half of the pain. That is why I think if I were Britney's friend, I would stand right beside her and get her through all the pain.

    回覆刪除